The Big Red No.99 has been designed as our first hair comb, but can easily cross over to groomed short-medium beards. This new comb is an exploration into producing a comb with a superb balance between overall strength and flexibility. To accomplish this we’ve chosen a new hybrid method of construction. We started by using our classic 5 ply laminated material for the core. We then attached thicker solid Walnut scales to add rigidity to the body of the comb. How we attach these is a little bit of a secret but I can tell you that they’re not just glued onto the surface of the comb. We’ve attached them in such a way, that they lock into one another and form a mechanical bond that is extremely resistant to bending. It’s ,of course, a little more of a time consuming procedure and it does require a little bit of specialized machinery but it makes for a mighty fine comb and in the end that’s the main objective.
- Comb core: Cherry outer Eastern Maple inner -creating a Maple ‘pinstripe’
- Walnut scales
- Crafted with laminated technology
- Ideal as a hair comb and beard comb for short beards.
- 5-1/4″(10.5cm) long x 1-3/4″(3.5cm) wide
- Static Resistant
- Protective 100% recyclable, reseable package